Glee star Naya Rivera was arrested November 25th for an assault on her husband Ryan Dorsey. The couple was arguing over an issue related to their 2-year-old son Josey at the time of the incident: “According to authorities… Rivera struck [Dorsey] in the head and face. He had minor injuries consistent with his claims, and further showed authorities a video taken during the alleged incident.” What will be a footnote in many news accounts of this couple’s painful public conflict – is an abortion they shared in 2010. It is likely that abortion experience continues to play a central role in the suffering and...Read More
Author: Kevin Burke
Hugh Hefner, founder of Playboy Magazine died September 27, 2017. The Playboy brand, beginning with the magazine’s premier issue in 1953, promoted a wealthy Gentleman’s Club vibe. The pages were filled with cultured and enlightened urban bachelors enjoying the finer things in life; jazz, the best food and drink, exotic travel, trendy fashion…and of course, beautiful women. Yet while Hefner filled his clubs and magazine with scantily clad women dressed in ridiculous and demeaning bunny outfits, he also set out to be a key player in the unfolding cultural revolution of the 1960’s. Hefner’s son Cooper shares: “My father lived an exceptional and impactful life as a media and...Read More
Par·a·site: An organism that lives in or on another organism (its host) and benefits by deriving nutrients at the host’s expense. Abortion rights propaganda has influenced many of our nation’s citizens, and tragically many Christians, to see abortion as a woman’s private and personal health care decision. Abortion may be considered private in that it is often a closely guarded secret. But the emotional and spiritual shockwaves after the procedure make it very much a family and community mental health concern. In 2014 Pope Francis shared: “How many hurt families, how many broken marriages…there is a crisis in the family.” In the...Read More
Psychiatrist Robert Jay Lifton interviewed 28 former Nazi doctors and Auschwitz prisoners who worked with the German medical staff. Dr. Lifton described how the physicians rationalized their complicity in the death of millions of innocent men, women, and children. “These doctors had not killed anybody until they got to Auschwitz, so they weren’t extraordinary killers to start with. They were ordinary people who in that way were socialized to evil.” – Dr. Robert Lifton Every prisoner in Auschwitz was marked to die. They had no control over that. To experiment on their prisoner/patients was to bring some good out of those who...Read More
I was surprised and encouraged to see an article in the Daily Mail Abortion and the Men haunted by Regret featuring a number of fathers sharing openly about their abortion regret experience. One father, Tony shares his state of mind at the time he learned of an unplanned pregnancy. His partner Jenny was set on termination even as Tony pleaded with her to give birth to their child: “My mind was all over the place…You are experiencing such conflicting thoughts and emotions. On one hand, you’re trying to get your head around the fact you’re going to be a dad when you didn’t...Read More
Join our online community!
- Christian and Islamic Faith in the Philippines Faith has been a huge rock that Filipinos have been ... by Carmel Ylanan
- What is The Meaning of American Identity? According to the thesis, which will be presented in the ... by Dr. Ant, Servant Without Merit
- The Pros and Cons of Kneeling “I kneel only to God. I don’t see him here.” ... by Herbie Borek
- How to Have Your Best Lent Yet Lent is a forty-day journey with Christ in the desert ... by Acacia St. Anthony
- In Tempore Gratiae: The Meaning of The Creation of The Universe In order to know more about our universe, we should ... by Dr. Ant, Servant Without Merit
- How Chesterton Led Me To The Catholic Church “Have you ever read a book that changed your life?” Ha... by Zubair Simonson, OFS | posted on January 7, 2018
- The Pros and Cons of Kneeling “I kneel only to God. I don’t see him here.” –John Ab... by Herbie Borek | posted on October 12, 2017
- A New Movie On Our Lady of Fatima and The Vatican Deception We sit down with Paul Stark, Director, and Producer of... by Editor in Chief | posted on November 26, 2017
- What is The Meaning of American Identity? According to the thesis, which will be presented in the... by Dr. Ant, Servant Without Merit | posted on June 20, 2017
- Christian and Islamic Faith in the Philippines Faith has been a huge rock that Filipinos have been cli... by Carmel Ylanan | posted on January 24, 2018
- What is The Meaning of American Identity? According to the thesis, which will be presented in the...
- The Pros and Cons of Kneeling “I kneel only to God. I don’t see him here.” –John Ab...
- How to Have Your Best Lent Yet Lent is a forty-day journey with Christ in the desert...
- In Tempore Gratiae: The Meaning of The Creation of The Universe In order to know more about our universe, we should dis...
- In His Silence: Does God Ever Notice? It's just the start of 2018 but you might feel that you...