We sit down with Peter J. Blackburn, author of Jesus at Work, and discuss his thoughts on the current state of Christian denominations and what it means for the church organization to become a “church organism”. Where do you think the attitude of “denominationalism” came from? Every human activity, even when it is God-ordained, needs structure – we see the beginnings of this in Ephesians 4.11 and ff. The issue raised in Jesus at Work is that the corporations – the structures – established in support of the mission of Jesus are incorrectly identified as “the Church” – individually...Read More
Author: Editor in Chief
Feb 16, 2018 | Culture
Denominationalism is not the original purpose of Jesus — Peter J. Blackburn states in his new book Jesus at Work. “The term ‘body of Christ’ points to our relationship to Jesus, rather than to the church ‘corporations,’ set up to fulfill our mission.” After some four decades of active ministry and now another ten years into retirement, I reflect on the course of the church on earth. It seems to me that too often we have displaced Jesus from the life of the church. Of course, we faithfully read the Scriptures. We use His name in songs, prayer, and...Read More
Feb 4, 2018 | Reflections
I am celebrating my first Christmas as a Priest this year. I was ordained back in August by Cardinal Timothy Dolan of the Archdiocese of New York. As I am working on homilies for the week leading up to Christmas and my Christmas Day homily, I just find myself approaching the infancy narrative texts in new ways. As I sit with passages from Matthew and Luke, the person of Mary keeps jumping out to me as the person that is allowing me to enter the stories of the birth of Jesus. At one level, I am not surprised. Because I am a...Read More
We sit down with Paul Stark, Director, and Producer of the new film The Vatican Deception, and discuss his thoughts on the Catholic Church, its direction, and how the new film will help answer those questions. Why did you choose to make this film? What was the inspiration behind it? My interest in this film began with an interest in the prophecies of Fatima. When I read about them for the first time, and I learned about the apparitions, and the miracles associated with them, I was blown away by the epic nature of the story. It seemed as...Read More
Exclusive Interview with Father Frank Pavone on the Past, Present, and Future of the Pro-Life Movement
We catch up with friend and colleague Rev. Frank Pavone, National Director of Priests for Life, and notable pro-life leader, on the development of the pro-life movement in recent history, especially after Donald Trump’s election as president of the United States. What does it mean to be pro-life? Do you believe in a consistent life ethic? The reason any issue is an issue at all is that it impacts human life. Everything from stopping a nuclear war to repairing potholes, therefore, is a “pro-life” issue…and we should recognize that as the very valid “consistent ethic of life” that the Church...Read More
Join our online community!
- Christian and Islamic Faith in the Philippines Faith has been a huge rock that Filipinos have been ... by Carmel Ylanan
- What is The Meaning of American Identity? According to the thesis, which will be presented in the ... by Dr. Ant, Servant Without Merit
- The Pros and Cons of Kneeling “I kneel only to God. I don’t see him here.” ... by Herbie Borek
- How to Have Your Best Lent Yet Lent is a forty-day journey with Christ in the desert ... by Acacia St. Anthony
- In Tempore Gratiae: The Meaning of The Creation of The Universe In order to know more about our universe, we should ... by Dr. Ant, Servant Without Merit
- How Chesterton Led Me To The Catholic Church “Have you ever read a book that changed your life?” Ha... by Zubair Simonson, OFS | posted on January 7, 2018
- The Pros and Cons of Kneeling “I kneel only to God. I don’t see him here.” –John Ab... by Herbie Borek | posted on October 12, 2017
- A New Movie On Our Lady of Fatima and The Vatican Deception We sit down with Paul Stark, Director, and Producer of... by Editor in Chief | posted on November 26, 2017
- What is The Meaning of American Identity? According to the thesis, which will be presented in the... by Dr. Ant, Servant Without Merit | posted on June 20, 2017
- Christian and Islamic Faith in the Philippines Faith has been a huge rock that Filipinos have been cli... by Carmel Ylanan | posted on January 24, 2018
- What is The Meaning of American Identity? According to the thesis, which will be presented in the...
- The Pros and Cons of Kneeling “I kneel only to God. I don’t see him here.” –John Ab...
- How to Have Your Best Lent Yet Lent is a forty-day journey with Christ in the desert...
- In Tempore Gratiae: The Meaning of The Creation of The Universe In order to know more about our universe, we should dis...
- In His Silence: Does God Ever Notice? It's just the start of 2018 but you might feel that you...