The German Bishops, in their recent meeting ending on February 22nd, have stated, as I understand it, that the Protestant spouses of Catholics will be allowed to receive the Holy Eucharist, a.k.a. Jesus Christ, Our Lord and Savior. This presents some issues pertaining to the continuity of allowing non-Catholics to receive the blessed sacrament, but not allowing Catholics who have not yet received first communion yet to receive communion. But most importantly it betrays a lack of reverence for God, the Creator of everything. So, I am going to explain exactly what/who the Holy Eucharist is and the proper...Read More
Author: Herbie Borek
When one thinks of G.K. Chesterton, one thinks of intense, traditional Catholicism, brilliant logic, and an amazing intellect. When one thinks of the British Broadcasting Corporation, one probably thinks of the numerous internationally famous shows that they have hosted, such as Doctor Who or The Office…beacons of intellectual rigor as you can see. So, when I found that BBC was hosting a show following a crime-solving priest that was the creation of G.K. Chesterton, I was highly skeptical that it would be any good. After all, how could the same network that hosts The Office, the least entertaining show...Read More
When it comes to media, most audiences want more of the same. Superhero stories are the bulk of action movies nowadays. Unfunny Rom-Coms are a must. And horror movies are as cliché as they are ridiculous. People do not want to be challenged or have their beliefs challenged, least of all from a movie. (Frankly, I can relate. The reason I don’t like Despicable Me 2 so much is that it pushed my tolerance for pain far beyond what I would have believed possible.) But, for the most part, I believe that it is good to challenge one’s own...Read More
With the excitement of the March for Life still going strong, it is important to remember to foster the culture of life in all aspects of our lives. This includes issues pertaining to other aspects of the family, for example, the concepts of Marriage (or Holy Matrimony) and parenthood. Most people, when they get married, have something in their vows about “till death do us part.” But, as a staggering number of marriages end in divorce, it is not difficult to see that the meaning of the vows is lost on the average modern person. One excuse that people...Read More
The pro-life movement has been part of my life for some time now. Up until I graduated from college, way back in 2017, I was involved in Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament at the Apostolate of Divine Mercy, a local pro-life ministry, which was set up right across the street from the abortion clinic. My mother was a sidewalk advocate, who would talk to women who were going to the clinic. My family also helped with some of the more “corporate” parts of the institution, such as drafting newsletters and keeping up with its social media feeds. I also...Read More
Join our online community!
- Christian and Islamic Faith in the Philippines Faith has been a huge rock that Filipinos have been ... by Carmel Ylanan
- What is The Meaning of American Identity? According to the thesis, which will be presented in the ... by Dr. Ant, Servant Without Merit
- The Pros and Cons of Kneeling “I kneel only to God. I don’t see him here.” ... by Herbie Borek
- How to Have Your Best Lent Yet Lent is a forty-day journey with Christ in the desert ... by Acacia St. Anthony
- In Tempore Gratiae: The Meaning of The Creation of The Universe In order to know more about our universe, we should ... by Dr. Ant, Servant Without Merit
- How Chesterton Led Me To The Catholic Church “Have you ever read a book that changed your life?” Ha... by Zubair Simonson, OFS | posted on January 7, 2018
- The Pros and Cons of Kneeling “I kneel only to God. I don’t see him here.” –John Ab... by Herbie Borek | posted on October 12, 2017
- A New Movie On Our Lady of Fatima and The Vatican Deception We sit down with Paul Stark, Director, and Producer of... by Editor in Chief | posted on November 26, 2017
- What is The Meaning of American Identity? According to the thesis, which will be presented in the... by Dr. Ant, Servant Without Merit | posted on June 20, 2017
- Christian and Islamic Faith in the Philippines Faith has been a huge rock that Filipinos have been cli... by Carmel Ylanan | posted on January 24, 2018
- What is The Meaning of American Identity? According to the thesis, which will be presented in the...
- The Pros and Cons of Kneeling “I kneel only to God. I don’t see him here.” –John Ab...
- How to Have Your Best Lent Yet Lent is a forty-day journey with Christ in the desert...
- In Tempore Gratiae: The Meaning of The Creation of The Universe In order to know more about our universe, we should dis...
- In His Silence: Does God Ever Notice? It's just the start of 2018 but you might feel that you...